Friday 29 April 2016

Kaikoura story about the beach

Kaikoura

The waves washed at my feet as I ran along the beach . Soft wind brought sea spray and washed it into my hair. I did not care because I felt free and promising. Grey gulls called and searched for fish in the sea as they flew. I felt free as I ran. I could feel wind battering my hair as I ran alongside the birds. Seals swam beside me as I tumbled into the sea I laughed I knew nature was my great hero. The sea was cold as I swam with the dolphins , then back to shore.I waved my good by to the dolphins and they waved back. By the time I was back at the bach my heart was bursting with happiness.

By Frida
 The writing that is like this (good) is not true.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Frida, what a great descriptive piece of writing. You have used lots of interesting verbs like promising, battering and tumbled. Did you go to Kaikoura in the holidays? It sounds like you were inspired by nature.
    CHALLENGE: You wrote "I could feel wind battering my hair as I streamed with the birds" did you mean "screamed" also "I laughed I new nature was my great hero" can you fix "new" to "knew"

    Great blogging, Whaea Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Frida:
    Your Opa really enjoyed this descriptive writing and how your painted a picture of the wind, water and nature. We can tell that you really enjoy your excursions to Kikoura. It brought back memories of our holiday with your family along the ocean. Hugs, Opa and Grandma

    ReplyDelete